Fire pumps are very versatile. In addition to supplying water for fire pipeline systems, they can also be used in industrial water delivery. Fire pumps can also be used in water supply and drainage systems in cities. There are other relatively long-distance water supply work, heating boiler, bathroom pot multi-stage fire pump furnace cold and hot water circulation pressurization, etc., can be completed by means of the fire pump system.
Some customers of fire pumps said that when they first bought fire pumps, they would always take a detour. They felt that fire pumps and ordinary water pumps were indistinguishable, and they did n’t know which hot selling fire pump manufacturers had good quality products. Others use ordinary water pumps as fire pumps to control costs.
1. Fire pumps are emergency pumps, which are rarely used at ordinary times. Therefore, in order to ensure that the fire pumps can still be used normally at critical times, the corrosion resistance of fire pumps is often higher than that of ordinary water pumps. For example, an important part of the ordinary water pump is the impeller. Usually the impeller of the fire pump is made of pure copper or stainless steel. Unlike the cast iron material of the ordinary water pump, it has higher corrosion resistance and other properties.
2. In addition to the simple water supply, the fire pump is more important for fire resistance. For this reason, the general fire pump will have a layer of paint, generally red, in addition to preventing rust, and its fire resistance. Better than ordinary water pumps. At the same time, the material of the fire pump is metal, so the fire resistance will be good.
3. The work of fire pumps is special in special environments. When a fire hazard occurs, the temperature of the fire pumps is often relatively high, so the high temperature resistance of fire pumps is also higher than that of ordinary water pumps.
4. The water supply of fire pumps generally adopts the method of directly supplying water to fire extinguishing facilities (fire hydrants, sprinklers) by pumps. During the initial fire extinguishing or self-inspection operation, water is supplied for a small flow, and water is supplied according to the design flow during the fire development stage. When the pump flow to head curve is steep, it is easy to produce overpressure during small flow operation, and corresponding technical measures should be taken for this.
5. The corrosion resistance of fire pumps is higher than that of ordinary pumps. Fire pumps are emergency pumps, which are rarely used in normal times, and will only be used in emergency situations. Therefore, the corrosion resistance of fire pumps is higher than that of ordinary water pumps, which can withstand long-term non-use and can work normally when used.
Because of the function, use site, and characteristics, the fire pump and the ordinary water pump must be different. The fire pump is more particular and deeper in the choice of materials and the development of skills. For this reason, the price of fire pumps will be higher than ordinary pumps.